Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elisamcs

My hubbie is going to be arrested!

elisamcs
11 years ago

My husband is between sizes in jeans. Since he doesn't have a tush anymore, his jeans are constantly slipping down no matter how tight he makes his belt. They almost fell down yesterday, in the middle of the MVA! And, of course, he refuses to wear suspenders.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make his jeans slip-proof?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

• noinwi
    11 years ago

Tushie implants? Just kidding! I wish I had his problem! Is his predicament due to weight loss? Or is he at a "certain age"? If he is in the process of losing weight, maybe you can sew a non-slip strip to the inside of his waistbands until he's ready for a smaller size. That should hang on to his skin or a tucked in shirt pretty well. Bras are starting to come with non-slip strips on the underside of straps, so it seems plausible. Otherwise you could make him some custom jeans if your machine can handle denim. HTH

• elisamcs
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Noinwi:

Thanks for the quick reply. I just got back from a large fabric store and they had me buy some elastic. They didn't have any "no-slip" stuff, so I hope this works. If you know of a brand of no-slip stuff, please let me know, and I'll let you know how the old-fashioned elastic works.

• evaf555
    11 years ago

I doubt elastic will work, as it will give enough to allow them to slip.

Cut a piece of grosgrain ribbon one inch shorter than the waist band of the jeans. pin it on the inside, really close to the top. Easing the extra fabric in all around, stitch it into the waistband. This is a trick a tailor taught me.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

My dh has no rear either,so everytime he gets new jeans,i have to sew darts in the back of the waistband so they stay up.Only takes a minute or 2 to do this,and it works!!
    Kathi

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

My dh has lost weight but doesn't want to give up his work jeans. I took 2 huge darts in the back waistband of each, but they are "outies" so they won't be uncomfortable. This wouldn't work with dress pants, but when he's up on a ladder painting the house they look like loops to stick his tools in.
    I love the tailors trick with thee grosgrain ribbon. I'll have to try that for his other pants.
    Kathy

• tami_ohio
    11 years ago

I use elastic in mine. I just sew a strip across the inside of the back part of the waist band.

• crafteedee
    11 years ago

Suspenders. :)
    Or Hollywood tape?

• lizzie2
    11 years ago

This is just a joke. I always told my daughters if they brought home a boy whose pants fit that way a nail gun would be used. It has worked so far at least in my presence. LOL