Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My newest projects

Posted by Liddybuff (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 23:19

These are some of the Barbies I have been working on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My newest projects

Wonderful,all of them.Keep it up.
Kathi

o

Do you sew them by hand? I tried to fix some shredding seams in some of DD's doll clothes, just too tiny to fit on the machine.

o

I'm not Libby,but they look like they are sewn by machine.She does wonderful work.
Kathi

o

Thank you so much Kathi. Yes they are mostly done on the sewing machine. I do some of the finishing work by hand. It does take a certain method of construction to do them because of the small areas. For instance, I don't sew the sleeves together until AFTER they are inserted into the garment. Most hemming is done BEFORE seams are closed etc. You learn after you've had to take out enough stitches. It's been great fun seeing tiny pieces of fabric become real outfits.

o

I do a lot of sewing for Barbie too and love your outfits.

This post was edited by ruthieg__tx on Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 9:14

o

Thank you Ruthie, I am still making these little outfits. Each one gives me an idea for the next one. It's funny how little scraps and leftovers can become something new. I recently turned a long sleeved dress jacket into short sleeved. I then turned the cut off sleeves into both a pair of slacks for Barbie and another pair for Ken. I like taking ideas from the fabrics themselves. I made a top for Barbie that had hearts in the print. I made a pair of capris out of denim and then sewed little hearts on them with a stitch my machine makes. On another outfit the pants were multicolored stripes so I made a white T-shirt and then stitched design stripes in all the colors in the pants. I hope you are having as much fun as I am.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here