Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An unusual gift for my 5 yr old grandson's B-day

Posted by Liddybuff (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 20:03

Well I got an odd request for a birthday gift today. My DIL asked if I could make our grandson a T-Rex. I guess I will give it a try, seeing as how for his last B-day I made him a striped bass. This little boy is head over heels in love with anything dinosaur related. I have the pattern made and cut it out but haven't starting sewing on it. I will try to post pictures when I finish it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An unusual gift for my 5 yr old grandson's B-day

Can't wait to see it!

o

I finally finished my Grandson Evan's new pet. He measures 18" tall and is 30 " long. I made my own pattern by looking at pictures of Tyranasaurus rex on the computer. His teeth were made from a Cool Whip lid. (HEY, anthing that works right?) This little boy is only 5 but has been thoroughly attached to dinosaurs since he was 2. I added the collar and leash just to make it fun. At least I know he won't get another one just like it,

o

Another shot of the T-REX

o

WOW! I am in awe of your creativity. You did a stupendous job and you MUST tell us how much your grandson loved the gift. A pic of him with his new pet would be awesome.

o

This is my grandson Evan with his new pet Tyranasuarus Rex. I made it for his 5th birthday.

o

I am impressed with your creativity and adventuresome spirit.
It came out great!!

Your grandson is so cute and the T-Rex is a perfect size for him.
He will cherish this forever!

You are a wonderful grandmother : )

o

This is amazing! And I agree, you are a wonderful grandmother!

o

Wow, that is impressive!!!!! I'm in AWE!

Donna

o

Thank you all for your comments. The kids these days are hard to impress. That's why I like to create something that no one else has. Hopefully that way he will remember that Grand-ma made it for me. His first comment was..."does it walk?" His Great-Grand-ma said.."Only if you make him Hon" haha. The older grand-kids want money but the little ones are still fun to make something for.

o

His face says it all.

o

Wow, Grandma you are amazing. You are making great memories!

o

WOW! You did an excellent job!!!!!

His little face is sheer joy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here