Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Patterns for Lymphedema patients

Posted by yoyobon (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 19:02

I'm looking for sewing patterns designed for women who have lymphedema.

If anyone has such a pattern I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Patterns for Lymphedema patients

I don't have a specific pattern in mind-sorry. But I would think you could choose a suitable pattern and alter it to suit the needs of the person who will wear the garment.

o

Don't know your needs but some of the major company patterns I have seen go from xlg to 6x. You could use the larger sizes on the areas you need to, or have a wide range in one pattern. Hope this helps. Pattern companies just do not specialize. I have altered many patterns for my handicapped daughter who is one size on top and below the waist another size and needs room for diaper in an size that you would not find that. It is easier than you think to alter patterns. Just jump in.

o

What kind of pattern? If you are talking about compression garments, they should be prescribed by a professional. Every individual's compression needs are different. At least that is the way I understand it. My husband has lymphedema in one of his arms and he has to be remeasured every year to check his compression needs before he reorders his garments. Then a physician has to prescribe them, before insurance will pay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here