Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbimc

machine problem

debbimc
14 years ago

I trying to learn & it seems my used machine is not learner friendly--my book is generic & not specifc to my model--this is very bad--I ave researched to get a more specific book & cant find one.AHHH. I am frustrated & about to decide I should have purchased a new machine--my Necchi is not starting out well-I paid $140 & wish now I had just spent more & got a new machine!!! what machines are freindly? How to learn when the machine is a pain--I have spent lots of time just with the bobbin & I can see this getting put out to the garage sale.

Comments (5)

• azeedra
    14 years ago

What kink of problems are you having with it?

• debbimc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Azeedra,,thanks for responding. I can't seem to get the bobbincase to fit in right-it sticks the machine, then I mess with it & it sews for a few seconds then it stops with many many threads bunched on understitch . I am not mechanical! my book says the bobbin case should just slide in but it doesn;t. I would go now so I could step by step explain it but I have sleeper in that room right now. The manual is worthless--I am usually good at reading something but this manual was not written for one model but a book that speaks to 100's of models.AHH

• stitchntime9
    14 years ago

It could be something is wrong with the machine, a hazard of buying a used machine, and it needs to be looked at for an estimate to repair it at a local sew and vac.

• budster
    14 years ago

Another question to ask, did you yourself buy from a garage sale? If it came from a dealer, go back with the machine and ask for help - if it is soon after purchase then you should not be charged. Phone around to local machine shops and see who deals with Necchi machines, ask a sewing friend for a GOOD repair shop. Take it to your favorite fabric store and ask for help...do take some time and see if another sewer can help you.....patience is something we all need when sewing no matter how many years we have been doing it. I would also start a posting here asking for other sewers with Necchi's to respond. Check the local library for books on machine repair - there are some good ones out there. When getting any work done that you will have to pay for, do as stitchintime says ask for an estimate first......Let us know how it goes. Are you sure the bobbin is the correct one.....if the bobbin case is sticking out then something is not right.

• debbimc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Finally, I have made a little progress. I took the entire bobbin holder , the inside thing & everything out & wiped it off good-not that it appeared dirty-not at all. I put it back & I got the bobbin right. I put a new needle in & it sews--it clopped upon bottom a couple of times but I stopped pulled it out & sewed. The needle kept coming un threaded several times. I may have learned a little!! now how to sew a straight line. I did buy the machine at a local sew n vac..but my work hrs keep me on till weekend & alas they are closed! I WILL be patient. I intend to call & quiz them about this very bad manual though--thanks

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks