Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
advice for pattern for bloomers

Posted by blessedwith2 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 17:14

I am new to this forum, and fairly new to sewing. I am seaching for patterns for bloomers in size 3 & 4 for my twin girls. I am having a hard time finding anything over a 12month size. I would like to make both bloomers that are short (the diaper cover style) and bloomers that are longer more like shorts. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: advice for pattern for bloomers

You'll have the best luck finding patterns like this on sites that sell sewing patterns for modest clothing or vintage patterns. Try Googling these phrases:

sew pattern modest clothing
sew pattern girl vintage bloomer

Here are a few patterns I found:
#FP020. Bloomers Pattern, 3 variations, girls sizes thru women's XL
Girl's pantaloons with ruffles; you can probably shorten these

Another option is vintage patterns, for example:
Toddler dress and bloomers pattern, 1997
The shortie PJ bottoms in view D

***I've purchased vintage patterns from Lanetz Living and have had very good service and prices.

HTH,
CMC

o

Check out the patterns for Raggedy Ann costumes. I made myself a costume and it had the bloomer pattern. Should have it for kids too. There should be prairie girl costumes and they should have bloomer patterns too.
Kathy G in MI

Here is a link that might be useful: Raggedy Ann costume pattern

o

Hey Blessed,

I am a quilter who recently got into sewing for the grandbaby. Simpliicty 4505 has a great pattern for undergarments. We used it in class to make pantaloons it was great. My grand is a 3T.

Hope that helps.

Nanci

o

I think Nanci means McCalls 4505. M4505 is very cute slips, camisoles, panties and bloomers. Wow, Nanci! I don't even have grandkids yet, but I think I need this for my collection.

Size groupings are 3-4-5-6 and 6-7-8.

McCalls 4505 CHILDREN'S/GIRLS' SLIPS, CAMISOLES, PETTICOAT, PANTIES AND BLOOMERS

CMC

Here is a link that might be useful: McCalls 4505

o

Thanks!!! I just have to decide which to try first. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here