Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding another friend to my collection

Posted by Liddybuff (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 17:12

Well friends, I was bad today hummmm or was I good??? I went t my favorite hangouts today (the thrift stores) and sitting there looking right at me was a 504 Singer in mint condition. This is the one they nicknamed The Rocketeer. (1961) I could not wait to get it home and try it out. After I sneaked it in the back door I threaded it up and it sews like it was just serviced. $25.00 what a deal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding- another friend to my collection

Oh you were good...very good! I can say this because I did the same thing yesterday, only in my case, I bought a 1957 Singer 301. Ohhh, it's a beaut and is what brought me to this forum for the first time. Congrats on your new friend! By the way, I'm Marti and it's so nice to meet you! Now we have two new friends!

o
RE: Adding another friend to my collection

Well that's great news Marti. Always glad to make a new friend. (machine or the flesh and blood type) I live in Georgia. Where are you? I keep saying that "Yes, I know I don't NEED another sewing machine". I'm glad someone else knows what it is like to have one sitting there begging to go home with you. I will have to look up your Singer 301. I have 2 old Singers myself. One is a 101 and the other says "26" They are both in cabinets and both work well. I would put a pic on here but my camera is acting up.

o

Oooo Georgia...I LOVE the smooth, velvety Georgian accent! Something so homey and comforting about that. I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I can SO RELATE to "needing" another sewing machine. I started with a beautiful fancy Babylock. But once you get really rolling on the sewing wagon, you MUST have a serger, ya know. And now that I'm embarking on window treatments, I NEED one of those strong old workhorses that can take on the layers. ("they" tell me it can. The proof will be in the puddin', I guess.) And of course, while I was looking for my 301, I saw a GORGEOUS new-looking Singer 201, in a beautiful, graceful French cabinet. BUT I would have to drive several hours to get to it. But it's sure on my mind...
Here's my new baby!

o

This is a pic of a machine just like the one I just got. It is a 1961 Singer. I was incorrect before when I said it was a 504. It is in fact a 503A. Marti, I found some info on your Singer 301. It looks like a great work horse too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here