Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't sew, but making drapery panels

Posted by jshksh (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 14:36

Ladies,

I don't sew, but am about to make drapery panels using fusable tape. I plan to line and weight them and add drape hooks to hang rings. Are there any great tape brands you could recommend for this and any other tips you could offer?

Thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't sew, but making drapery panels

Steam a seam 2 is a good fusible,but i don't know about using it to make drapes with.That's a lot of weight to have to hold.Might be better to buy ready mades,or pay someone to make them for you.You could also go to your local adult ed classes and take some basic sewing lessons,then go to the library and check out the singer sewing for the home series,there's one on drapes and curtains.

It's just straight sewing,but you still need to know what you are doing,and how to do it.Otherwise you could end up being dissappointed in the outcome.JMO
Kathi

o
RE: Don't sew, but making drapery panels

Be sure to test out the iron-on tape to make sure it doesn't pucker up your fabric because you have to use a pretty hot iron or steam to make them melt. You can also try a good quality fabric glue. Test it first so that it doesn't spot the material.

Hand sewing in the side hems is not hard to do and the draperies will hang better.

Good luck,
Susan
Tavern Hill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here