Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making a Duvet Cover

Posted by jeannie01 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 12 at 10:07

I have no sewing skills - but my sister certainly does.
I have looked for a new duvet cover and really haven't seen a ready make on that I like. Or if I see one the coordinating drapes are 84 and I need 96.
How hard would it be to make a duvet cover?
I wonder that,since she hasn't made one for herself and if I had her skills I certainly would make one. I would do custom everything !!! Though, she has made all her new homes drapery treatments and they look FAB!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making a Duvet Cover

A duvet cover is just a big pillow case and easy to make. The thing is getting material that is wide enough to make it.

I suggest you look at sheets. If you can find a pattern you like it would be easy to make a duvet cover and even drapes out of flat sheets.

The thing about sheets is they are already hemmed. You need 2 flat sheets to make a duvet cover. Measure your duvet buy the sheets that most closely matches the cover. Leave the top hem alone and cut any excess off the bottom and sides. Make sure you leave enough on the top to overlap the seams. Now sew all three sides leaving the top open. Then sew velcro on to the hems to close the envelope

o
RE: Making a Duvet Cover

Thanks - I'll start looking

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here