Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Janome Memory Craft Any Good?

Posted by Hengy (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 2:47

Hello there!
I was wondering whether any fellow members have any experience using any of the Janome Memory Craft line of machines?

I have used plenty of Janomes in my sewing past and am considering upgrading to one their "big ticket" machines.

Any thoughts to share?

Thanks!
H

:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Janome Memory Craft Any Good?

Well, I checked out some reviews. This Janome 6500p Review (link below), which had some pretty positive comments. Amazon reviews were also pretty good on the whole.

Still looking to hear from members here to see whether the online reviews are true.

Anybody got thoughts on this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Janome 6500P Review

o

My wife has a Janome Memory Craft 9000 and until recently it was utterly reliable and at the time, top of the line. It is dead. The feed stepper motor runs in reverse mode only and cannot be repaired as a replacement motor is no longer available. I was also informed that a control board might be the next to go if I could find a motor. So a new machine is in order.

Looked at the Janome, Brother and the Babylock, and my wife has decided on the Brother after much hand wringing.

o

Brother machines are always a good bet.
Pfaff are also good.

Did you get any further with actually buying the Janome?

Here is a link that might be useful: Brother SE400

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here