Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WHEN was the last time you oiled your sissors?

Posted by clueless1959 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 07 at 23:53

I posted this on the quilting board too.

I noticed my sissors just was not cutting like they should lots of drag in the cutting action and happened to remember Daddy used to oil my sissors once in awhile. Couple drops of 3 in 1 oil or sewing machine oil in the screw thingy and along the blades work sissors back and forth a few times does wonders. After I did my good Wiss shears I remembered my pinking shears was just about useless last time I tried to use them very tight lots of drag and just literally chewing thru the fabric so I oiled those too. WOW what a difference it made.

Now it has me wondering how many has replaced sissors when old ones just needed a few drops of oil.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WHEN was the last time you oiled your sissors?

Well that sure makes sense. Wouldn't have thought of it. Thank you so much for the post. I don't throw them away but just keep buying new ones. Now I am going to oil all of them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here