Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

OT- Loganhogan........how goes things? How is diva?

budster
15 years ago

and all the diva-ettes? That littlest one is sure a cutie. She must have grown some since your last update. So what has Diva decided she needs thus far as far as clothing to sew for herself? Is she helping reduce your stash any? So many questions, so little time? How is your mom? Budster

Comments (6)

• loganhogan
    15 years ago

Life has been nutty since Oct. I'm sure me turning 40 on the 3rd of Jan didn't contribute to that at all, LOL.

Seriously, one of my friends was being sexually harrassed on her job, which was in our church and this led to several people including myself leaving and looking for a new church.

I had a tumor removed from my foot the 30th of October and they lied when they say foot surgery is no big deal.

Warren's Mother became ill again in Nov and died in Dec. All of the church mess was in January. January also led to more responsibilities at work with no end in sight. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I have a job.

Mother has had flu like symptoms most of the Winter. She's having some cyst removed Monday and Warren will take her for me. He's having a Basal Cell Carcinoma removed on the 26th. You know when it rains it poors!

Mother will keep the chief DIVA for spring break. There's no telling what they will get into....

This link should take you to 2 pictures, 1 of my friend Lauren and the other of my cousin Hailey in their B'day garb I made them.

As always, Cheryl I count on you missing me. You are a great cyber friend.
    Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

• budster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Susan - Thanks for taking the time to update us (me) here on the site. Life can sure throw some hardballs can't it. I'm afraid I'm with you on finding a new home church - if you are uncomfortable then it's time to find a new place to seek the peace we all need. Very sorry to hear of your family's loss - know how tough it can be having lost my own MIL last year. I'm afraid there are times we still think of just picking up the phone and calling her and we have to stop and take a deep breath. Your mom is going to be very busy over the break with Diva -- I picture them stopping by one day to "shop" in your stash (you will have just the right fabric they need and the right color for Diva's sense of style!). It's nice to hear you are STILL working when so many aren't. Keep up the positive attitude and remember us over here and check in and let us know how things are in your world. I miss seeing your always interesting postings. Take care my friend.....Budster

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

Hi Susan,
    Glad to see you here again!! I've been keeping up with your mom,and she told me about your foot surgery.Sorry for all the not so good things going on in your life,but as they say"this too shall pass"That saying is what got me through chemo.
    Hope by now your foot is completely healed,and you're dancing the light fantastic again.LOL
    Take care and say hi to your mom for me.
    Kathi

• loganhogan
    15 years ago

Kathi,
    My foot took a lonnnngggggg time to heal! I guess I should say for the wound to close. I bumped it the other day at work on my office chair and thought I was dying. The nerves around it are all so sensitive. It's right below my ankle. I still have to be picky with shoes, winter was hard trying to make sure the shoe fell below the scar. I wore that soft boot thing almost 2 months. My m-i-l funeral was the first time I wore a shoe.
    Cheryl,
    Please don't take this the wrong way, because I do feel for my husband, but my Mother in law was a difficult woman, she was often mean to my husband, was useless when he was having his cancer treatment, etc. She would tell me on occassion how she hated me, so I'm grieving the loss of Church much more than the loss of her. Over my lifetime I had a few boyfriends that I loved their mother's and would have been glad to have been in their family. I had known my husband 7 years when I met his Mother. He hid her for good reason.

Susan

• budster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susan, I bet you don't think of calling the MIL - at least in language we can use here. LOL on keeping her hidden - I've a few relatives myself I'd like to hide away! No offense taken so don't worry about it. Lots of us have had difficult MIL's just something we had to live with. You will find a new church I'm sure....keep looking until you are comfortable with one, just don't give up looking.

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Hugs to you all from Texas....we have been missing you and your Mom. Hope things start to go better for all of you!