Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

New Home, 1953?, Light Running Model LLC

LibbyLiz
14 years ago

So hubby bought a sewing machine in wood cabinet with manual & some parts today at a thrift store for $5!

The cabinet needs refinished but the machine, parts (all or some?) & manual were included.

All I can find out on the machine is the model, serial number & date bought (per dealer signature on the Twenty-Year Guarantee in the back of the manual)...

Model LLC - Per the front of the manual. But the dealer wrote an "X" behind "LLC", though I couldn't find either on the below link.

Serial nbr 931032 -This I couldn't find on www.ismacs.newhome/home.html either. :-/

Date 11-28-53

I'm hoping this thing still runs & just needs oiled well. I'm sure it needs rewired. I don't want to be shocked when using it.

But if it's missing parts, I'd like to figure out where I can get the replacements, if at all possible.

Can anyone help me??? Thanks in advance if so!!!

Comment (1)

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

There is no wire in a sewing machine except for the cord from the outlet to the machine and the one from the machine to the foot pedal. I have never heard of anyone getting a shock from a sewing machine.

You don't need any more info it should all be contained in the manual.

Plug it in and try it out. If it works--fine, but it probably needs oiling. Look in your manual and it should tell you how to oil it. Look also for how to clean out the bobbin raceway and do it.

If it doesn't work then take it to a professional to be fixed. Ask for an estimate and if it is worth fixing. There is more to having a machine run right than replacing parts. You might have a gem and not know it or you might have a dud.