Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

bayareafrancy........ how did your son's pillowcase turn out?

budster
15 years ago

I assume he is the young lad in the photo you posted before. You mentioned you had found some great fabric and had made one pillowcase for your youngest and had fabric for your one son to make another (if I understood correctly). How did he do? Budster - think old lady with her nose stuck over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

Comments (4)

• bayareafrancy
    15 years ago

Hahaha! I thought I saw something odd protruding from my fence yesterday!

:-)

The pillowcases came out great, and the boys just love them. I'm still trying to figure out how to do a comforter cover with the 45" fabric though. Although I could "frame" the main pattern on all sides, this wouldn't work too well for my son's twin bed. Much of the framing would be tucked under the mattress (which is how I keep him from falling out of the bed at night), and the resulting overall view would be a bit more "busy" and asymmetrical than I would like. (You have probably figured out by now that I am super obsessive about the teeny details.)

I FINALLY finished my (second) 100 hour "smock." More under a new post....So climb on over the fence to come and look. Do you drink tea? I've got a pot of Earl Grey waiting. And cookies!

francy

• budster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My dear my dear, How did you know? Are you perhaps a long lost relative of mine? I just came down to the computer (long stair climb for an old biddy like myself - OK not THAT old but it makes a more interesting tale)after just putting some Earl Grey into the teapot to steep. You should perhaps look through some catalogues or something and just see how they work on a busy pattern and do the framing. I had a girlfriend who once ordered a pair of curtains and when they arrived looked them over carefully and made notes, ordered the same fabric from the same catalogue and sewed up identical curtains to the ones she first ordered at less than half the price. Some may think that is terrible but I bowed to her overall plan. She returned the original curtains and got full credit as they had only been opened and looked at. Oh and I won't bring my sewing with me for tea, you just might discover all my mistakes that I cover over.....

• bayareafrancy
    15 years ago

I'm an Earl Grey fanatic! I used to have a 2 pot a day habit (and that was a big 4-6 cup pot!). Then I realized it was basically the only liquid I was consuming, and that it might not be good for my teeth. So I'm down to a few cups a day.

Do you have a Trader Joe's grocery store where you live? Their bagged Earl Grey is pretty good. I carry emergency tea bags in my backpack, and coat pockets!

francy

• budster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No Trader Joe's near me....or anywhere even close. I buy Twinnings myself. I have the tea bags and loose leaf .....either way is fine for me. We drink tea with our lunch and evening meal......but I gotta have my coffee in the morning.