Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need manual for Singer model 500A

Posted by quirkpod (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 07 at 20:08

Can anyone help me find one? Thank you. (background story: I am assisting a family to take care of their 86 year old grandmother in her home. This sewing machine was the lady's mother's, so I can imagine it's way over 50 yrs old. I am honored to sew on it doing little sewing projects. It makes her day. But I desperately need to know what all the gadgets on it are for.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need manual for Singer model 500A

I just did a quick goggle and there are a lot of good sites with all the information you need. Give it a try ... one I noticed had the manual, as well as pictures and descriptions of attachments. Budster

o

Try this website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Singer manuals

o

Thank you both. I tried Ebay with no luck. The Singer website no luck. Sorry. Anyone else? If anyone owns one, please get in touch to discuss attachments etc.

o

If you join the "singerslantsewing" group on Yahoo, there are scans of the manual there in the files section. They will also help you with any questions about the machine. I have a 500A myself and it's a really nice machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here