Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

Are you an 'Yah, but.' or a 'Ah, but'?

budster
15 years ago

Ran into this the other day when out shopping with a friend. I spied at a local discount store some packages of colored leaves - think floral vines minus the stem part and you will have what I mean - these are multi colored in lovely green, russet and yellow hues - fall/October... get the picture? I took one look and gathered a package of each color in my hot little hand. My friend inquired whatever was I going to do with those....when I spied them I thought....wonderful to use for applique on some totebags, around the edge accent of a sweatshirt I am going to cut apart and make into a non-button type jacket - then I pictured toggle closings with a toggle sewn on top of the leaf...Ok maybe that one isn't clear but I can see it, then a small wall quilt with a yellow garden basket and a bunch of these leaves piled in the top.....then I thought table runner.....with a narrow green stem joining all these leaves twined around the edge......when I started to imagine all these things my friends only reply to each idea was a "Yah but they are only for flower arrangements".....and I keep seeing other things. She said they'd never wash...(they did)...might run...didn't but I could see a spray of color adding to the effect of each leaf especially on the runner. No, she couldn't put me off and I then got to thinking when I got home, how many of us are "Ah but" people vice "Yah, but" people. We sew to create and we create to be indivdual. No me, I'm an "Ah but" for certain. How about you?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone