Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

I purchased a sewing machine -Thanks for your inspiration!

jejvtr
17 years ago

I have been pricing custom roman shades ..... reading here & on sewing, many trips to fabric stores (still looking for that Boussac or substitute!)

Well kit Romans - 5 would be minimum of $400 not including face fabric and the price goes up from there.....

I haven't sewn in yrs and was never an "accomplished" sewer but, I thought gee how hard can this be - Then given all the creative types here & seeing how handy many of you are - I decided to purchase a machine.

Tried for used, looked and tried out new - well - back to the local shop today - Nice gentleman that owns the place, has been there for yrs - is quite accomplished (a lot of designer traffic in/out) - repairs machines, makes custom treatments etc.., even makes custom furnishings - His Dad was also in the business

So, I purchased a Janome Sew Precise $399 - all the lessons I want! Will not let the machine leave the store w/o a lesson. AND>..... If I want to trade up w/in first 12 mos of purchase - I can at full value -

Wish me luck!

I'll start out with some pillow covers and go from there

Thanks for all your inspirations - I'm getting in touch with my creative side.. shhhh dh doesn't know yet

Here is a link that might be useful: janome machine

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County