Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Sewing Machine Problems

Posted by billy3p (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 18:16

Hello All,

Writng to ask if anyone can offer advice as to why my wife's White brand sewing machine is breaking needles and knotting thread?

Thanks for any replies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Sewing Machine Problems

Does she have the needle in right? Does she have it threaded right? Look at the manual to find out the proper way to do these things on that machine. Every machine is different and the threading may be different than she's used to.; The only way to know is to follow the way the manual says to thread the machine.

If the needle is not put in correctly it will also cause problems. The flat part of the needle should go against the post.

Consult the manual don't just assume you know how and keep that manual with the machine so it doesn't get lost. I have been sewing for 40 years and I a couple of years ago I bought a new machine. Just about every time I use it I have to consult the manual for something. That is the only way you learn how the machine works

o
RE: White Sewing Machine Problems

One other thing that breaks needles is using the wrong sized needle for the fabric you're trying to sew through and/or sewing a thick item too fast.
You don't say where/how the thread is knotting...a little more info would help us help you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here