Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheesh

Spring fever?

sheesh
15 years ago

I have tons of fabric to sew and don't feel like doing anything. I could make a spring jacket for myself, or dresses for my four little granddaughters, or a robe for myself (but I don't have the piping yet) or I could finish the pillow my grandmother started and didn't finish before she died 12 years ago, or a little jacket for a grandson....I could go on and on, but instead I sit here at the computer.

Maybe I have spring fever...I can't concentrate on reading the novel I've been enjoying, either. I wish I could get with the program...I don't even want to cook, another thing I usually love to do. Somebody, please give me a kick in the pants!

Sherry

Comments (10)

• budster
    15 years ago

I would Sherry but I'm in the armchair beside you, also putting off the DOING of anything that might involve moving myself. Perhaps we should form a support group....anyone else want to join? We could call ourselves the "Lazy Louts"...I'd think of something better that would involve effort. Budster

• sheesh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Te he! At least you made me laugh, budster! That's a lot on a day like today! I second "Lazy Louts"...but I hope it doesn't last too long.

Sherry

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Another Lazy Lout here. I've only made two quilt blocks since January 1. But I was sick most of December and half of January so that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

(you will notice I'm not posting this on the quilting forum - I'd be embarrassed)

• susie53_gw
    15 years ago

Oh dear, I am in the same boat with all of you. My grandaughter's birthday is tomorrow and I have to finish her sundress. Then on Sunday I have another grandaughter's birthday. Need to get hers done, too. They moved hers up because they are bringing home their new month old twins from the hospital on Sunday afternoon. Yipee...

Once the warm weather hits I don't do much sewing.. They say it is to rain all wek next wek so many I can get ahead a bit. Grandaughter #3's birthday party is the 4th. I am making her s sundress, too. My goal is to make all 3 white eyelet dresses.

I look at it this way, at my older age I just do it as I want to.. Why get all bummed out.. What can I say, I enjoy life..

Susie

• budster
    15 years ago

I'd like a nice cup of tea while I sit here and stare into space. Anyone willing to "fetch".....you KNOW I would but gee it would mean reaching up into the cupboard for the teapot and my shoulder is kinda stiff today....and then having to turn the tap and fill the kettle....well another "injury" to said shoulder. I couldn't POSSIBLY do it myself.....any takers for making tea for myself and my fellow Louts?

• noinwi
    15 years ago

Oh boy! I guess we could use one of those self-butt-kicking machines. But then we'd have to get up and stand in front of it! I too have lots of fabric, GK birthdays coming, laundry overflowing the basket, dishes in the sink, and I'm at the computer reading mostly gardening stuff. I did manage to get some plants started under lights the other day, but when I saw new snow this morning, I wanted to crawl back into bed. I had to take the dog out though, as he's getting old and can't hold it like he used to. After that I stopped in the kitchen, toasted a bagel and sat down here. I must move on...I MUST!! Yes, Budster, tea...maybe some jasmine tea...

• sheesh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ah, misery loves company. I feel so much better knowing I'm in a big boat.

I have to get my seeds started, too, and I really should get the spring things made before too long.

Hub has it, too, so at least no one is bugging me about it.

I'm in for the tea, too! I'm freezing at the moment.

Sherry

• luvmypets
    15 years ago

Just another lazy lout here! Feel oh so much like doing nothing, glad to know that I am not alone. My excuse is my new puppy can't do to much anyway. Tea sounds real good right now. Later all you other lazies, lol

• jaybird
    15 years ago

I'm in here too...I have curtains cut but not sewn, chair seat covers to cut AND sew, seeds to plant, plants to plant.....
    Where did you say those tea bags were??? I have some sugar free choc pudding you can have too.
    Keep on rowin' ladies......

• budster
    15 years ago

OK seeing as no one has moved too far, I will fetch some lemon tea biscuits I have hidden in the cupboard behind the box of oatmeal - like my gang would ever think to cook oatmeal for themselves...safe spot. We seem to keep rowing around the same little shoreline.....must be going in circles.....someone yell down to the workers to get out a map. I've just got to move my chair a little to the right and catch the few rays of sun we are having here on the poop deck....ah pooped deck that should be. I'm getting tired of all this planning....gotta be spring fever.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County