Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
taking up pant waist

Posted by gabriell (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 17:29

I .ordered four pair of pants from new catalog. They came in regular number sizes. I'm used to ordering in 2x. The new ones are too large. I have hemmed the leg but need to take up waist.
The waist has wide elastic sewn top and bottom.What can I do easily just to take it up a bit?
Ihave a sewing machine, just don' tsew like I did at one time. Thanks for any advice..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: taking up pant waist

How much do you need to take it up?
If you've already hemmed them, when you take it up at the waist, odds are that they will be too short.

Is the problem that the crotch is too low? You may be able to raise it a bit by taking in the inseam through the crotch region....by that I mean turn the pants inside out and fold them back along the seam that runs from the inside of one leg to the inside of the other....take it in some at the center seam of the crotch and then taper to nothing as you go down each leg seam. This may help and you won't have to re-hem.

o
RE: taking up pant waist

Many thanks for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here