Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking Embroidery machines

Posted by chris76 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 08 at 14:22

I am considering upgrading to an embroidery machine, and am strongly considering the Viking Platinum 955. Do any of you have comments on this machine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking Embroidery machines

In my very opinionated opinion, you could not go wrong with a Viking.....any Viking.

o

I have the Viking rose,and still don't know how to use it yet to get the best value from it.I do fine with the basics and using the cards,but still can't figure out the customizer and digitizer fully.I've been back for lessons at least 3 times.But because i'm not so computor literate,it's hard for me.
Good luck to you.
Kathi

o

It is a large purchase, if you are going to sew with it also, take fabric samples and try the sewing side. I have 2 Vikings the 1+ and the Designer 1, love them but on some fabrics I do use the Bernina, it just sews better and it is not an embroidery machine. DH and oldest daughter love Viking and are the two computer literate...they do all the digitizing stuff, they hoop, I change threads. Yep, you got it challenged by computer.

o

Thanks for all your help. I just purchased the Viking Quilt Designer II...now I need to learn how to use it!

o

Congratulations and good luck.Take advantage of those free lessons,you won't be sorry you did.
Kathi

o

Enjoy yourself Chris! Take all the classes and have a blast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here