Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?

Posted by kaisermust (kaisermust@aol.com) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 14:13

Recently purchased an upholstered accent chair from a local furniture store. I want to make a slipcover for an ottoman to match the chair and while I can purchase the fabric from the furniture store for $58/yard I was wondering if there was an online source where I might purchase the fabric cheaper? I know the furniture store is making money on the fabric, just trying to save a little money. The fabric is from Lazar industires. I called them and they said I would need to order from an interior designer or the store where I purchased the chair. Anyone know where I can buy Lazar J440 Jemma Slate fabric for less than $58 yd. I need to purchase 2 yards. Thanks.
PS Interior designer's cost to me was the same plus 15% for shipping.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?

Well, you can Google or Bing search the fabric name plus discounted, and see what comes up.

But, many furniture companies have exclusive agreements with the fabric manufacturer, and they don't sell to the public normally. You aren't going to find that fabric available until they have very little left and they sell off bolt ends to the discount houses.

So either buy it now, or you may be waiting a year or so. And it may never be available.

o

I find great upholstry fabrics at Hobby Lobby!

o

My favorite online fabric source is FabricGuru.com

They ship any amount for the same price and have some great fabrics. An especially good stock of outdoor fabric. Theres a lot of tan and off white wince they buy overstocks and out of date stuff, but there are still a lot of choices if you look regularly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here