Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Singer 241-3 - Worth anything?

Posted by trader889 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 24, 06 at 12:54

I was left an "old" Singer 241-3 with a table and motor attached. The machine works fine. Before I throw this out with the trash, I was wondering if this is even worth anything? Thanks in advance for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Singer 241-3 - Worth anything?

If it works you may be able to sell it.Almost everything has value to someone.I'm not familiar with that model,but if it's one of the older singers,some of them are better than the newer ones.JMO
Kathi

o

Is this what you have?

http://www.sewingcanada.com/sewcan_pic12.html

http://home.cfl.rr.com/featherweight/ind_241.htm

Seems there is a market for such a thing, either as a working machine or for sewing machine collector.

If you aren't interested in the effort involved in trying to sell it (which I can understand), and especially since it is working, you could give it to Goodwill or some other local charity and they can find it a good home.

CMC

o

CMC,

Looks exactly like the first link you posted, except table color is different. I'll see if I can get anything for it. Thanks for the idea on the charity route.

Ed

o

I know this is a very old thread, but I just became a member when I googled and found this.

I have a Singer 241-3 that I've used everyday for many years. I'm wondering if you ever found a buyer for yours.

A little background. I use to own a bridal shop. This machine was used there for over 29 years, on an everyday basis. I closed last year and now have moved it into my X computer room, now called my sewing room :D

I have another straight stitch machine I have to check the number on and a very old blind stitch machine. I would love to get rid of both of them. I've advertised on craigs lists for months with no calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I look forward to being a member here.

JoAnn

o

I've bought and sold machines on Ebay. That's probably the best place, however, unless you want to go thru the hassle of shipping industrials, it's best to list them as local pick up only.
I have to tell you, that Singer model is really not worth much. You may get $50 at the most, that is if anyone's interested in it at all. I have old machines, but I would not be interested in it.
What's the model of the blind hemmer? Unless it's a US Blindstitch 718 model, it won't be worth more than $50 and you may not get much interest in that either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here