Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sewing For Grandaughters

Posted by susie53 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 7, 09 at 10:58

Anybody out there sewing for their grandaughters. I am getting ready to sew for all 3 of mine. I make them cute sundresses ( Butterick See & Sew pattern # 3889 ) and they love them. They always tell people when they comment on them that their Grandma made it. It is so much fun. They all have Spring birthdays so it makes it perfect. We had another new grandaughter ( one of twins 2 weeks ago ) and will have another one the last of April. Five grandaughters with Spring birthdays to sew for. Grandma will be busy.

Susie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sewing For Grandaughters

I sew for my GGD.Last year i made her a sponge bob dress,and a nemo dress.Several short sets as well.I'm getting ready to make her a stuffed rabbit,and hopefully a doll bed if time allows.Her 4th b'day is the 21st of this month.
Kathi

o
RE: Sewing For Grandaughters

Oh, sure! I love sewing for them, and do a lot of it.

I started sewing for my own dtrs. Went from tiny little things all the way to their prom dresses and a wedding gown; now I'm back to little things! I still do make a few dress coats and fancy dresses for my girls if they have something specific in mind, but sewing for the little girls is such fun. All those trims, and ribbons, and bows, and appliques......

My little ones are girls almost 6, 5 1/2, just turned 4, and 2 months. Two little boys born to my sons 3 weeks apart will be two in May. I just made fleece jackets for them.

I've never done any quilting or made toys for my kids. Weird, eh?

Sherry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here