Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwilliams75

Torn between two Brothers....

kwilliams75
16 years ago

Hello,

I'm hoping to learn how to sew and am currently researching which machine to buy. I'm interested in two Brother machines, which seem to get good reviews -- particularly for novices. I can't tell which would be better - the Brother LS 2125i 10 stitch or the Brother XL 2610i 25 stitch. The main differences seem to be that the 2610 has an auto-needle thread, which might be nice. The price difference between the two is $30 on amazon.com. (And both are free-arm machines.) I don't want anything that will be too overwhelming at first, and am primarily planning to make some garments (skirts), curtains, and tablecloths. Any advice?

thanks in advance!!

Comment (1)

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Wow for the difference of just 30.00 i would go for the better of the 2,the one with more stitches etc.

But since you are getting it from Amazon,where will you get your lesons on how to use it and any support or repairs you may need in the future??

Brother does make decent machine,so since this is your first,i don't see how you could go wrong.
    Personally i would have to say shop at your local sewing center and see what they have that's comparable ,even if it's a used re-furbished machine,because you may be able to get more and better for your money,especially when you factor in the shipping charges.You'll also get lessons and back up support if needed.JMO
    kathi

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor