Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_e_b

Help with Vogue Pattern

a_e_b
14 years ago

Hello all! I'm making a prom dress and and having trouble with incomplete instructions. Has anyone had success with calling a pattern company for 'technical support'?

The instructions are telling me to 'sew darts' but the pattern piece is not marked as to where to sew or how many!

This is pretty frustrating, the piece is pretty much the focal point of the dress - a large bow that covers the top.

thanks in advance for any advice!

Amy

Comments (5)

• hallngarden
    14 years ago

Amy, I had issues with a Vogue pattern several years back. Called and someone got back with me very quickly. Did you buy the material at a store where experienced seamstress work. That may be a place to ask someone for help. Sorry to say, but didn't get my dress to work out with the Vogue pattern. It was cut a little different and could not get it to hang right. Hope you find help. Keep us informed.

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

If this is just for a bow. Here is a tutorial on the basic how. When I make them I hand stitch the piece around so that I can add interfacing to the bow if it's a limper material or make a wider bow. Maybe with this the pattern will make more sense

Here is a link that might be useful: making a bow

• clergychick
    14 years ago

Hey Amy!

Could you post pictures of the pattern cover (so we can see what it is supposed to look like) and the piece that is not marked? I'm having trouble imagining a bow with darts!

Here are some easy to follow directions for posting pics that I got from oilpainter:

To post pictures--First get a photobucket account--it's free. Follow their directions to UPLOAD your pictures to photobucket. In Photobucket--under the pictures you will see a bunch of URL's--places you can click to post pictures on different websites. Click on the one that says HTML. It will automaticly copy. Go to where you want to post the picture. Right click and choose paste. It will have a bunch of writing but will show up as a picture when you submit.

Your old friend (from kindergarten to Facebook),
    Amy

• sheesh
    14 years ago

Amy, years ago I couldn't figure out a pattern (not Vogue, but I don't remember which). The person at Customer Service who tried to help me on the phone finally agreed that there was a flaw in the directions that could not be fixed on my garment! She sent me a coupon for a free pattern, but I was out of luck for the fabric and my time. So it's worth a phone call to find out if it's you or the pattern, but you may not be able to save the garment. I hope not, especially for a prom dress!

I just struggled with a simple waistband on a skirt, so I know how frustrated you must be.

Sherry

• sheesh
    14 years ago

Clergychick suggests posting pics, which would be nice. If you can't (I can't, either) post the pattern number. We can look at the envelope on line, maybe see some way to help.