Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brother 6000i

Posted by ivg9999 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 21:19

Can I find this at Walmart walk in??? I didnt see much of a selection last time I looked at Walmart....
Do you like this machine??? I will be sewing denim with it and I am a beginner...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brother 6000i

Google: Brother CS-6000i Sew Advance Sew Affordable Computerized Sewing Machine

There are over 900 reviews �" below is one I copied from the first page”

"This machine was packed with features and I couldn't believe it could sell for a street price of about $150. After 6 months I found out why: I used this machine in a manner I considered light use -- 4 or 5 projects, including hemming 3 pair of jeans and making a denim carry-all. i always use Gutermann thread which is supposed to be good quality. All of a sudden things screeched to a halt with a E6 error, even though I could not find any thread tangles or lint or threads caught in the user-servicable areas. Repair folks said it was a "light duty" machine, that sewing heavy materials is what caused it to get out of adjustment, and that repair for this was not covered under the warranty. If I'd had any idea this machine couldn't handle jeans-weight denim, I never would have bought it. So beware if you want a machine that "does everything" including denim, spend a little more to get a "heavy duty" machine."

You might want to visit that site and read more reviews.

o
RE: brother 6000i

what is a good denim simple machine for under 200???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here