Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sewing tables

Posted by kathieo (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 3, 09 at 19:01

I would love to replace my two machine cabinets with an "L" shaped sewing table. I need it to accomodate two machines and a serger (ovelock machine).

Has anyone purchased such a table?...from where?...how do you like it? Any other recommendations? My DH could probably build it for me if he had some pattern or picture to follow or dimensions at least.

I don't really need it for storage of fabric etc. as I am using a spare bedroom as a sewing room and have the closet space as well as two dressers. So far it has worked. I currently have the two cabinets in a L but the one has doors on it and is a pain to switch from machine to machine.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sewing tables

How about those folding conference tables from the office furniture store.DH has 2 set up in the garage for his hobbies in an "L" shape,and i have one in my sewing room on risers for my cutting table.Ours are 8ft long,but they come in 6 ft also.
Kathi

o

My hubby made tables for me. One is 8' and one is 6'; just a nice wooden top with straight legs in the corners and a support piece between the legs on the ends. I have plastic rolling carts from Office Depot with my stuff underneath the tables.

Donna

o

DH loves to make things, so my sewing tables are plywood (pretty thick 7/8 to 1 inch) covered with contact paper sitting on top of filing cabinets where I keep my patterns. He added a base to the cabinets to make them the height that I like. It is nice for when I want to move them I can and also kids are able to work on either side if we pull them away from the wall. I do have a Horn cabinet for the Bernina machine. With using the cabinets I can change the place of machines for kids also. I help 4Hers and I can have 5 kids sewing at once, push the cabinets together back to back to work on quilts or cut material on single side. I like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here