Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT -Hee, hee.......I can't wait to find out how.....

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 6, 09 at 18:28

my niece who lives in Texas will cope with the change in her lifestyle now that it looks like she might be jobless. I do not wish her bad luck, but this is a girl who decided to have an expensive lifestyle on a worker's paycheque. She would phone to tell me the cost of having buttons sewn back on her toddler's clothing, the expense of getting her DH's jeans shortened. She can sew......not any great guns but enough to do these tasks herself as I told her many times - it was not from lack of time or skill, she just thought things like this were beneath her. It looks like reality is gonna hit big time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT -Hee, hee.......I can't wait to find out how.....

Cheryl,
I agree. A lot of folks are gonna be doing things the way grandma did.
Susan

o

Cheryl, I don't understand things like this. We have alway done things for ourselves. Saved tons of money doing it over the years. She may have to learn the hard way.. Sad, but true. Sounds kinda sill that you can't even sew on a button..

Susie

o

What is sad is that these little things cause "big trama" in her life....so much so she calls me to moan about them. I support her 100% because she is my niece but I have ALWAYS told her the cost of these little "jobs" add up and I am now thinking she will have to "relearn" many of these skills. It is sad to me as this girl may not be any great sewer but she does have basic sewing skills which could save her some of her hard earned paycheque which she will no doubt pay for someone else to do the job. Hopefully the sewer who does the job will need the cash more than her. Budster, known as "my cheap aunt"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here