Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roman shade

Posted by nursecynthia (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 08 at 16:19

Hi, I would appreciate advice on making a roman shade for my new french doors. I have a book of simple sewing projects, but I am confused on the directions to attach the liner to the curtain fabric. On the HGTV site, it showed basically making a big pillow case by sewing the right sides of the fabric together and then turning them out. Then all you have to do is attach the plastic loops, sting it up and attach to the mounting board. Has anyone every done it this way?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roman shade

Yep. It's quick and easy.

Annie

o

That's how I make mine.

S.

o

That is basically how to do it. When I make them I make the lining 2" smaller than the shade fabric, so when you turn it right side out the shade fabric wraps around to the wrong side by an inch. This way there is no problem of the lining showing on the front and it gives a little more stable piece to sew your rings to. Also if your machine has a sew on button feature use this to sew on the rings, it works great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here