Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliafan

Sick of fleece jacket sleeves grabbing my shirt

JuliaFan
10 years ago

Hi there, am about to order some lining fabric and retrofit all my polar fleece type jackets so that I can slide into the sleeves no matter what I am wearing under it. I wear them every day around the house and studio, and take them with me when I travel, etc. They are a staple of my layering wardrobe. But I absolutely have when they "grab" the fabric of whatever I'm wearing so I have to struggle to get my arms in the sleeves and then to pull the back down. I hope this makes sense and I don't sound totally nuts here.....

Anyhow, so far I have found a polyester lining fabric called "Hang Loose" recommended in another forum (looking for washable, slippery enough, no-iron lining), and am about to order some, then turn the jackets inside out and trace around the sleeves, sew the lining "tube", insert it and handset to shoulder and wrist inside.

Does this sound about right? any tips, or alternative lining fabrics?

I thought about iron-on interfacing, but am worried that I might melt the fleece. If there is one that fuses at lower temp, that might be an easier way to go.

I'm not an accomplished sewer--I pretty much "get by" so keep it simple :-)

JuliaFan

Comment (1)