Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sewing Machine Making a Loop need help to fix

Posted by pinecone (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 8, 07 at 12:47

Good Morning to y'all,
Here is my problem that is driving me up the wall!!!
When my needle goes down on the sewing machine, it sometimes forms a loop, which results in a skipped or long stitch.
I have tried all I know to do. Changed thread, Needle, Adjust Tension, Tried all sorts of fabric and Thread. Machine is a New Home 15 years old. Has been a great machine.
Any suggestions?
What should I try?
Happy Paths as you sew.

pinecone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sewing Machine Making a Loop need help to fix

Pinecone, most loopers are cause by the upper thread tensions, I don't have a New Home so I don't know their settings, but I have learned these bits or tricks over the years, take the thread off the machine, maybe clean the area as with normal maintence, now place the thread on the spindle, do you have any thread nets or sleeves to put over the thread, these help with the newer thread that seem to just jump of the thing, also many machine come with a little plastic circle that can fit over the thread spool this helps keep the spool from wobbling all over the spindle. now began to thread your machine, if it is electronic you may have to keep the presser foot up as you thread, same for computer generated, make sure each part is catching in the right order, now thread the needle, if you need to adjust the tension follow the machine info, now when you begin to sew, hold on to the upper and lower thread tails as you take several stitches, hope this helps give you some success. Rene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here