Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weedlady_gw

How can I iron wrinkles out of polyester?

weedlady
16 years ago

I feel totally like a fish out of water here--I normally am in the gardening forums and I know nothing of sewing (to the everlasting chagrin of my very talented mom--rest her soul!). I have a problem & am hoping one of you wonderful people in this forum can help.

I recently bought three 100% polyester flags of different countries to be hung vertically with other flags in a permanent display at the school where I work. All 3 came sealed up in plastic bags so have deep fold marks and wrinkles. I tried ironing one with the iron set on the (dry) polyester setting, with no effect. I tried misting the fabric and ironing (same setting), but that made no difference. I am afraid to turn up the heat for fear of melting or marring the poly in some way.

It is raining today, so I considered hanging them out on the clothesline. Then I thought about hanging them in the bathroom & turning on the hot shower to steam up the room. But my teacher husband has tried that with little success when he has to wear a graduation gown for commencement each year and it does not seem too effective, either.

Help!! CK

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath