Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on which foot to purchase

Posted by jejvtr (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 9:27

Hi
love visiting this forum

I have a janome 3050 machine and am about to start making roman shades - I will be using Roc Lon black out linning & understand I would benefit from a walking foot because of the bulk this will create

Ok before I make the purchase I have 2 to choose from and am not sure which would be more beneficial

1. Part #200339007 Even feed (walking) foot for low shank top loading
2. part #200311003 - Even feed foot open toe low shank for top loading

It seems there are other uses/Benefits to each foot - still I'm not certain which is best for me - I would see myself doing some machine quilting - small scale like potholders, hot pads to start

I appreciate if anyone could give me their advice
thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: link to Janome accessories

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on which foot to purchase

They look like the same thing to me. I would call the Janome dealer and see which one they think would be best.

o
RE: Need advice on which foot to purchase

I used to belong to the "Have to have every foot made for my machine". I am do not use alot of them. I do not have a Janome machine; I have Viking and Bernina, but I have learned to try the feet out at the dealer with the material I am gong to use. I wish I learned this a ago time ago, I would be a little richer. But there are feet I would not trade all the money in the world for, just be careful. I have never even used my even feed foot, even with velvet and bastiste. Just use your own judgement. Enjoy your sewing....that is important.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here