Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

What Are You Sewing On Now?

I just finished making 5 receiving blankets for our daughter's coming baby girl. I now am wanting to make some wrap blankets. Maybe tomorrow I can start on those. How about you anything you have recently made or are sewing on now?

Sue

Comments (5)

• susie53_gw
    13 years ago

I, too, am making flannel baby blankets to take to the hospital. When our twins were born they received them from someone and I want to pay back. My grandaughter is going to go with me when I take them.. Sound like fun??

• Laurie
    13 years ago

Sue & susie53 - I would love to see photos of the baby blankets you have made! I saw a really cute Winnie The Pooh print flannel at Jo Ann's Fabric store today : )

I am currently in the process of sewing a long dress (with a matching jacket) for myself to wear to my daughter's wedding which is in early July. Later on in July, my other daughter is due with her first baby : )

• pammiesue
    13 years ago

Ah the fun of sewing! The week before Christmas, I made 3 pillowcase dresses and cut out several more in a shorter tunic length and pants to match. My daughter has a FaceBook business page- Charming Couture-a Children's Boutique inspired by Lu. We are doing custom and ready to ship clothing and accessories. I am the dressmaker and she is the "Dressmaker's Daughter"(named the line of hairbow that..)
    I have since Dec, made 6 dresses, and 26 pants outfits, and am working on 2 more this weekend. After work...
    Love sewing, find it relaxing and get so much pleasure seeing the little ones all decked out!
    My head is going all the time and I literally wake up in the night holding folding and cutting fabric and thinking about what I want to make next...
    I guess I am a Material Girl....lol

• Laurie
    13 years ago

How fun and exciting to be doing something you enjoy with your daughter. I don't do Facebook. Do you have pictures you can post here on the forum of some of your latest outfits?
    Best wishes on your business adventure! Let us know when you have a web site to visit.

• rosefolly
    13 years ago

I just finished making new table napkins. I like linen ones. They are expensive to buy but cheap and easy to make. This way I have the colors I like (sage green, dull gold). The only time we use paper napkins is for outdoor entertaining.

My next project is all cut out -- a sleep shirt. I want to practice the shirt making techniques in David Page Coffin's book and DVD, but do it with a low-risk project. If it doesn't turn out as perfect as I hope it will, it can still be worn.

Rosefolly