Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergazer

Dog Clothes

flowergazer
17 years ago

I am interested in finding dog apparel patterns for my chihuahua.Any suggestions? I have knit and crochet patterns but would like to try sewing them as well.Thanks

Comments (9)

• pinecone
    17 years ago

You can take the knit and crochet patterns that you have made and make a pattern from them. I often do that.
    Baby Clothes also make good patterns for dogs.
    Post back your results so that we will know what you were able to do. Results?
    Happy Paths to you in 2007

pinecone

• Rene54
    17 years ago

I bought a pattern from this web site, and now I can improvise for my pet, if you look, I love the jean jacket on the yorkie Rene

Here is a link that might be useful: sewing patterns for pets

• noinwi
    17 years ago

The major pattern companies(McCalls,Simplicity,Butterick) all have patterns for pets(they all have websites), and check eBay, too...I get a lot of great patterns there for a fraction of what I'd pay in a store. Hope this helps.

• barefootin
    17 years ago

I also have a chihuahua and make clothes for him. I have bought 2 patterns at walmart and find I had to adjust them to fit him right. I also found this site for a free dog vest pattern and have made several of these and made them reversible. I even sent a picture to them of him in his new vest and its posted somewhere on the site..LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: free dog vest pattern

• danaoh
    16 years ago

Better late than never -

I buy t shirts and sweaters at the thrift store for my 10 lb dog. She wears a size 3-6 month. Then I thread elastic through the bottom hem, sometimes just the "front" that will go under her belly. Keeps the air from rushing in.

My favorite is a onesie. Pink turtleneck with long sleeves. Really cute. She also has a Jordasche Jeans Jacket. I paid a buck I think, hate to think what the original price was.

• dlplaia
    13 years ago

For nice fleece coats and 'jammies' (four-legged outfits), try Simplicity's Woofy Wear by Wendy patterns. A few of them are: # 3939 (basic coats and jams) and #2839 (costumes). These are easy to sew up and fleece is heaven to work with. I have modified pattern #3939 quite a bit to streamline the cutting and sewing, and to end up with a more customized fit and better finished product, yet it is a wonderful pattern as it is.

• calliope
    12 years ago

There are a few cute patterns I found for free online for my little Italian greyhound. Easy to make and easy to adapt to size. Like chihuahua's they are fine boned but with a deep chest and are hard to fit.

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

I made my Iggy some clothes from sleeves. Here he is in a cotton sweater sleeve.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

And on my blog I describe more about how to make this coat/cape (link below), also from a sleeve - a women's quilted jacket that I got for $1. I'm in the process of making another cape this shape from an old shower curtain lined with fleece.

Have fun! Kathy

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor