Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susie53_gw

Singer Confidence Sewing machine

susie53_gw
12 years ago

Anyone have this machine? My son bought it for me for Christmas. I have only sewed just a little bit on it due to being gone all week. I am going to try the automatic buttonholer tomorrow.

Comments (2)

• sheesh
    12 years ago

Hi Susie. Sorry I did not see your post sooner.

I have a confidence quilter, about a year old. I sew a lot, garments only, and I like it. The buttonholer works well, but on a heavy wool coat I used the manual function with perfect results.

My previous machine was a top of the line Singer 2001 Touchtronic that I got used in 1978. I must have sewn at least a thousand
    garments on that beauty before the computer board failed last year and broke my heart. While I cannot rave about my new
    machine, it has done everything I have wanted it to do, and done it well.

I hope you have good results with yours.

• susie53_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. I have been sewing with my new machine and I think I am really going to like it. I tried the buttonholer and I can tell it is going to be so much easier then I have had before.. I have 6 young grandaughters I sew for. Mostly sun dresses and pjs. Just this week I found the cutest silk lined with flannel for the girls on clearance. They are going to love this. All the girls have birthdays from the 17th of February through the 22 of April. I guess I better get busy..

Again, thanks.