Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinecone_gw

Walmart-will you join others in a letter to WM

pinecone
17 years ago

Walmart will be selling only prepackaged fabric very soon.

Will you join me, tell others and post where you can the need to write a letter to Walmart. Canton Texas will not sale fabric and on trade days they sell all they have in stock at the Canton Walmart.

To file a constructive complaint you may call 1800 Walmart.

The BEST thing to do is to send a constructive letter to:

Walmart

Lee Scott

702 SW 8th Street Benton, AR 72716

All you need to say is:

Dear Mr Lee,

I do not want to see Walmart sale prepackaged fabric.

My reasons are: I like to "feel" the fabric I purchase.

I often only need a yard of fabric.

I need 10 yards of fabric uncut

XX I am sure you have more, just add here. XX

Would Walmart consider changing back to fabric on bolts?

Thank you for letting me voice my need and concern as a Walmart customer.

sign your name

address

phone number would be helpful

Why they are doing this is beyond me. Aunt Suzy may want 1 yard to make a set of napkins and Aunt Jane may want 3 yards to make a table cloth. Prepackaged may not fit their needs. I use the plastic on the roll, now what do I do? I buy muslin, pellon, burlap, seasonal fabric and just fabric. I also use vintage fabric, quilt shop fabric and some that is given to me.

I am sure you can see the need for letters. The post office will call the local paper, the local paper will print an article or maybe FOX NEWS or CNBC will pick up our plea.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU TILL WE MEET AGAIN,

PINECONE

PS feel free to copy and paste my post where ever you can, tell all on and off the www!

Comments (6)

• pattico_gw
    17 years ago

May I ask...Is "Mr. Lee" a manager of the WalMart in Canton,TX...?

I feel if I write I need to write to a manager of our store..

But since this is a nation wide thing that WalMart is doing...We should be going over the local managers head to the "head honcho's"....Anyone know who that might be or what his address is...That is where this order for the stores to sell cut pieces or not having a fabric dept. at all is coming from.

patti

• loganhogan
    17 years ago

Patti,
    My local clerk also told me to direct the letter to Mr. Lee. It's my understanding that he is a vice president/cfo of sorts at the corporate headquarters and that the decesion to return fabrics would be up to his dept.

Also as mentioned on the other wal-mart post, my local mgr, (whom I've known personally more than 20 years)hates the fabric dept and thinks this is the greatest thing ever. He actually kind of laughed off some of the clerks in the stores concerns. He also wasn't forthcoming this summer when directly asked about this. He indicated that ribbons and trims by the yard were all that were going away. Now, to give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have thought that was the case and then this Mr. Lee changed it for our store which is sch'd for a remodel next month.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about Mr. Lee's role at WM.
    Susan

• flowermum
    17 years ago

Hi,

I went to Walmart's corporate website. Lee Scott is the CEO for Walmart.

I called and expressed my feelings about them changing, and in some cases eliminating the fabric department.

http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=224

I plan to write them as well.

• pinecone
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lee Scott is the top person in Bentonville AK hometown of Walmart.

I sought the advice of a person who makes a living "telling" companies what is needed. HE said to write to the one where the "buck" stops. And that with this it would take every one and every one they could contact to write. Please do contact all and lets send the letter to the top of the Corporation.

Happy Trails to you and yours,

pinecone

• dleach40_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

Walmart has the best fabrics and I really wish that they would keep their fabrics. Lots of towns don't have fabric stores and it was nice that Walmart did.

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

Asking Wal-Mart to continue merchandising product in a manner that is not profitable to them is not productive, imho. Here's an idea: what if Wal-Mart sold pre-packaged fabric in different sized lots and made fabric swatches available for "feel"? For an effective letter writing campaign, you may want to consider proposing options that will work for both the consumer and Wal-Mart.