Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kateskouros

need help with pleater tape

kateskouros
10 years ago

i'm wanting to do a set of french pleated sheers on a ceiling mounted traverse rod to cover an entire width of a 13' wall of windows. there will be two panels, open to the center.

i found ready made sheer panels that are 100" wide and have purchased four. i plan to sew two panels together for each side of the wall.

i'm a complete novice however, and want to use some kind of pleater tape to form pleats on the heading. i see there are basically two types available: a sheer, lightweight type that has cords that are pulled to form the pleats (i don't get how this works, exactly, and it doesn't really seem to do that good a job, imho) -and the more traditional tape which use pleating pins. i'm more familiar with the former, as i've seen my MIL make draperies using this method.

being that the panels are sheers, should i use the lighter, sheer pleater tape or do you think the heavier, more opaque pleater tape and four prong pins would be okay? i'm thinking the sheer tape will look better, but i'm concerned the pleats will not work out as well as the heavier tape and pleater pins.

again, i'm a total beginner and don't feel at all comfortable with doing the pleats myself, without a pleater tape. that's just NOT going to happen! but i do want the very best outcome i can possibly achieve using whatever is available.

any help is appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm