Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'pilling' problem with sweats ...

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 29, 09 at 19:14

This is probably not the proper site for my question but I couldn't really find one ....!

I love to wear 'sweats' around the house in winter as they are so warm & comfortable but:
no matter what brand I buy the fabric soon begins o 'pill' & look bad. Does anyone know of a brand where this doesn't happen or have a solution for this problem? I use one of those battery operated gadgets that helps clip the 'pills' but wonder if there is a brand/fabric that wouldn't pill? I have worn ones with different fabric contents but all seem the same after a few washings/dryings.

Would appeciate any ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'pilling' problem with sweats ...

Try turning them inside out before washing on a premenant press and dry the same way.

o

Where I am finding this is on high or all polyester content. I watch content close & ask anyone providing their own sweats that I embelish to avoid polyester.

o

Thanks bonnie-w & joansews4u! My most recent purchase I notice had cotton 50%, polyester 50% & it already shows some 'pilling'. Because of this I don't really get the most expensive ones which seem to be much heavier but don't know the content ... instead I get the lighter weight cheaper ones since neither seem to keep their appearance long.

o

We have a store that sells seconds or overstocks where I can get quality without spending much. I always check them out first.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here