Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pammiesue_gw

Singer serger info?

pammiesue
13 years ago

I ordered a new serger, Singer Finishing Touch? Got home that night and DS asked me what that thing is Dad is getting you? Some kind of a seamer? Soes it use those tall threads?

He told me one of his buddies had one in his basement....(heart beats faster)and had told him he could have it at one point, buddy didn't know what it was...(beats even faster...)

Oh! So tell him to bring it out so I can look it over! They did and after an hour or so of rethreading, cleaning and messing around with it- it works like a dream!

So much faster and nicer than the Tiny Serger I've had for 10 years...

It is a Singer Merrit Lock 14u44 (I think...memory is not so long...)

Does anyone else have one, can you tell me anything about it? Does it do any tricks or amazing things...lol...

I am loving it...for $20 I am REALLY loving it....

I have made 29 childrens outfits (in my spare time....lol...) for DD's online childrens shop (Charming Couture Childrens Boutique- check us out on Facebook).

They are doing a photo shoot this afternoon, and I cannot wait to see the fruits of my labors on live models....

I am especially wondering if it ruffles without a special foot, and if the safety stitch is durable enough to use instead of the regular machine for the main seam...anybody have one??

Comment (1)