Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowajewel

Advice for a balloon shade pattern.....

iowajewel
16 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has made any of these?

Did you use a pattern or just instructions?

Need to make one for my new granddaughter and while I have sewed alot of things, never anything like this....and it WILL get used!

Julie

Comments (3)

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

I've not done these myself,but they look easy enough.If you google"sewing balloon shades",there are a lot of free instructions,and i think that is all you need.Because as with a lot of these type things if you buy a pattern,that's all you'll get are instruction sheets,because all windows are different.So why pay 15.00 for a pattern if you can get the same thing for free??JMO
    Kathi

• lamalu
    16 years ago

I use Singer's books, Sewing for the Home and More Sewing for the Home for any kind of home dec project. The directions are easy to follow and they walk you through the whole process from measuring the window etc. I got alot of bang for my buck - each book was about $12 and I've used them so much they fell apart and I had to punch holes in the pages and stick them in a 3-ring binder!

• User
    16 years ago

I would Google balloon shade instructions for free directions. They're not difficult to make, especially if you skip the lining.

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro