Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Handkerchief skirts

calliope
15 years ago

I usually hang out on the quilting forum, since most of my sewing lately has been on quilts, but figured this would be the best place to ask about either finding a pattern for what used to be called a handkerchief skirt or recommendations for winging one without a pattern.

I seldom buy clothing, and finally after many years found myself in a position where, literally, I had nothing to wear since my job wardrobe is jeans and flannel shirts or cotton tops. I just took advantage of the sales after Christmas and began building a basic wardrobe, but still have a few items on my wish list.

I thought since I am a fairly decent seamstress, and have bins of nice material that I could get just what I wanted by making some items myself. I noticed that the hanky skirt with the uneven hemlines (tunics too) seem to be all the rage here, but the pattern books at the local fabric shop didn't have a single one!

Does anyone know of any on-line directions? Seen a pattern lately? They can't be all that difficult to make.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals