Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inverted Pleat Drapery - Sewing Assistance

Posted by Clove3415 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 11:27

I am taking on the project of sewing three sets of inverted pleated drapes that I need to stack back (open) well. I realize the majority of the inverted pleated drapes out there are intended to be stationary panels but as in the attached photograph, I figure there must be a way to keep the pleat out of the way on the back of the header so the drapes can open and close well.

Does anyone have any advice to share?

The return of my rod is 3.75", so I figure the size of my pleats should be smaller than 2 x 3.75" so that the pleats stay off the rods. I plan on using buckram at the header. After sewing my 4" (or 6") pleat, do I just leave the pleat alone in the back or should I tack it to one side? Most instructions online show to fold the back pleat towards the header and stitch in the ditch but is this what impedes the drape from stacking?

ANY advice is most welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inverted Pleat Drapery - Sewing Assistance

I believe the pleats on the back are flattened out - an inverted box pleat, not pinch pleat. Check the following link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Inverted pleat drapery

o
RE: Inverted Pleat Drapery - Sewing Assistance

what clt3 said.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here