Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

Toddler pattern sizes

donnar57
10 years ago

I found some really cute fabric and want to make my granddaughter, who lives 1800 miles away, a dress and pinafore (and then a matching dress and pinafore for her favorite doll). Her mama tells me that she wears a size 2T in ready-made clothing.

Does anyone know what measurements are used for ready-made 2T? I could then go to my patterns and pick out the right size to use in a pattern.

My granddaughter LOVES Tinkerbell, so the fabric is a green Tink print. The pinafore will be white, from my stash. I hope to be able to locate Tinkerbell tights for her to wear under it, or at least create a "diaper cover" to match either the dress or the pinafore.

The pattern came from my stash. I seem to recall my daughters wearing dresses from the pattern, so the pattern is a standard toddler dress pattern from the late 80s. I can still buy similar patterns from Simplicity today, so I'm glad to say that toddler dresses haven't changed all that much.

I can't wait to start this little dress!!!!! Any help on the sizing would be appreciated, since my daughter can't seem to find any of the 3 tape measures I've given for her over the past 5 years.

Donna

Comments (6)