Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with Singer 9134

Posted by tbateman (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 12 at 10:14

I have an older Singer Model 9134. I was sewing a quilt and all of a sudden it started skipping stitches then stopped picking up the bobbin thread all together. I took the plates off and looked at the hook mechanism and what is happening is when there's fabric in the machine, the hook that rotates around the bobbin casing is not picking up the top thread. However, when there is no fabric in the machine, it will pick up the top thread. That's what has me stumped. I've already tried changing the needle and playing around with the tension.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with Singer 9134

I am in no way a sewing machine mechanic but sometimes a good cleaning helps. Make sure there is no lint build up around the bobbin case. If your machine is a real good old workhorse maybe a trip to the dealer for a cleaning and tune would be worthwhile.

o
RE: Problem with Singer 9134

I have the same machine- Chickadee has made a very good suggestion, I had to give mine a very good cleaning last week, for skipping and tension problems, still needs a trip to shop, but is usable now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here