Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_fl

Need help with yardage amount...please?

sharon_fl
13 years ago

Hi-I'm kinda' new to this sewing forum..but a veteran of the Kitchen Table. I've made drapes for my LR windows before but it was so long ago...perhaps someone can help me?

I have SIX windows across the front of my front wall. I'm not a seamstress but I can sew a straight line..LOL! To scrimp (financially)-I had made dummy panels for BETWEEN each window and the 2 ends, and they are all on individual rods as windows angle a bit. I have double rods and made deep valances to cover the rods of the'gathered' style panels.

I want to get enough fabric to make a PAIR of drapes for each window...(I have 1 other window on the end wall as well and I need a valance for my door's window.)

Total? 7 windows & 8 valances.

Planning on a print that has no repeat. Here's what I DO KNOW...tee hee:

EACH WINDOW's drapery rod is ...33"-bracket to bracket. Of course I want to double that width for some fullness.

I want 2" 'finished' side hems and allow 8" (to double over for a 4" finished top pocket and allow 6" for a finished 3" bottom hem, per panel.

The valances need to be a 15" finished depth,allowing 8" for the rod pocket(leaving a 4" hem to run the curtain rod thru with an inch above & below the pocket.)I only need 3" for the valence hem as I will be attaching some trim to the bottom edge.

NOTE: I have window shades on each window & white shutters for the bottom half of each window.

MY DILEMMA? How much material total and what width of material on the bolt?

Bottom line-each FINISHED PANEL needs to be 33" WIDE x 63" or 72" in length..whichever works out based on your figures.

A MILLION thanks to anyone who can help me!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor