Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sew Much Comfort

Posted by kayakingkris (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 08 at 9:28

Has anyone sewed for this organization? They adapt premade clothes for wounded servicemen and women. They make regular clothes wearable for soldiers who cannot get into clothes because of their injuries.

I am awaiting a kit to get started. My first project will be adapting boxer shorts by replacing the side seams with velcro.

I love to sew and look forward to helping this group with their cause. Just wonder if any of you out their are invloved with this group.

Their web site is www.sewmuchcomfort.org.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sew Much Comfort

I havn't yet,but i recently read about it in our local paper.I live in a military town,and we have a "wounded Warrior Center at the base hospital.When it came out in our paper it was right at the holiday season,so i didn't have the time,but i cut the article out of the paper and saved it for future reference,and thought it is something i want to do.Let me know what you think of it,what all they expect of you etc.
Kathi

o

I rec'd my packet yesterday and will start the first project this weekend. I feel confused a little reading their directions. But once I get started, I'm sure it will go smoothly.

I'll let you know how it goes and what feedback I get.

o

I went last Friday to a class on how to sew their lounge pants and make an access leg. It was very easy and satisfying to do something to help others. If you love to sew and are looking for something to do with your talent, I would recommend this organization.

Check out their website for more information.

Here is a link that might be useful: sewmuchcomfort.org

o

I have not sewn anything for this organization yet,i just registered with them today, and i can't wait to start my first project.The thought of this whole experience is soo exhilarating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here