Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

What Is on Your List of Items to Sew?

I am wanting to make some boxer shorts and some aprons. Do you have something you are wanting to make?

Sue

Comments (10)

• jaybird
    14 years ago

I have long curtains, short curtains and other curtains to make, then DDIL called and wanted to know if I could make her balloon shades, chair cushion covers and table cloths for her new kitchen....hmmmmmmmmm I think I will be busy!!

• sheesh
    14 years ago

1. Finish the curtains for dtr's bedroom in her new apartment
    2. Make corduroy jumper, turtle neck and leggings for gdtr's 5th birthday Feb 13
    3. Make a yellow sundress and jacket for 25 yo dtr before she leaves for SKorea Feb 21, but she hasn't yet picked out the fabric!
    4. Install the lining on another dtr's wool coat before winter is over! The coat is made, the lining is made, I just haven't gotten around to putting them together yet.
    5. Hem the navy blue slacks I made for myself last summer before this summer gets here.
    6. Make a towel poncho for my son. He insists on having a hood, which is why I'm stalling.

Then it's on to spring and summer sewing!

Sherry

• harriethomeowner
    14 years ago

I just ordered a bunch of fabric, and I want to try to create patterns from existing garments and make these things:

- A cotton knit dress. It's a simple T-shirt style with two darts in front, two in back, but it fits really well -- I always get compliments on this dress -- and I haven't found another like it in the dozen years since I bought it.
    - A woven princess-seamed dress with a full gored skirt: This is another one I love the fit on and haven't been able to find anything like it in RTW.
    - Woven slacks: I have a pair that fits perfectly, but they are in a woven polyester that I don't think will last very long. I'd like to recreate them in nicer materials.

I also want to make a cushion for a bench -- again, haven't been able to find anything in the right size. The one that was designed to fit the bench cost $60, and I didn't like the color so didn't buy it.

That's probably enough for right now. If I am even able to do one of these things on my trusty 1952 Montgomery Ward sewing machine, I'll let you all know.

• noinwi
    14 years ago

At least one more doll dress and maybe another pair of shoes by mid-Feb.
    Make a comforter cover, throw pillow cases, and some short curtains.
    Repairs: Replace rib-knit on DH's favorite sweatshirt, hem PJ bottoms, patch jeans, etc.
    I'll probably only get the first thing done before I start thinking about gardening stuff, LOL.

• msmarion
    14 years ago

There isn't enough time to list before bedtime. LOL

Come on Harriet clean and oil that baby and get her fired up.

• sameboat
    14 years ago

I have some drapes to shorten, a couple of tote bags to make and a Jedi costume to finish!

• Chris_in_the_Valley
    14 years ago

Pants for Sister who has been dropping through sizes quickly since her gastric by-pass. The challenge is finding the balance between speed and craftsmanship in an article of clothing she may wear for a month.

A warm vest for a nephew I'd like to finish while it's still cold outside.

• senecagal
    14 years ago

I have quite a few things I need to do:

3 pairs curtains including machine embroidery
    2 valances or curtains
    duvet
    several decorative pillows
    bar stool covers
    recover ottoman
    2 large bolster cushion covers
    machine-embroider towel

• birdtalker
    14 years ago

I am in the middle of a jacket and have made dust ruffle and hope to get to the comforter cover asap. Then I have a long list of things I want to make for my self, tops and jumpers.

• Deb Chickenmom
    14 years ago

I have a darling baby bonnet cut out and started, but I've had to do other things and am having problems getting back to it. Also have several baby things "in the chute" for my next projects. I am sewing these for my niece. She has been married just two years and is very busy with her career and has NO idea I'm sewing a "baby hope chest" for her. I've already finished a darling pink and green quilt for her and one baby outfit with those ruffle bottom pants and hat and shoes to match. I also would like to sew another dress for my niece. I made her a plaid "work" dress, as well as some pencil skirts that fit perfectly and I'd like to sew something else from the dress pattern. I have a darling pattern for a gardening apron that would be fun to make and I want to sew toddler dresses from patterns I used to make clothing for my grandaughters several years ago. Lots of projects if I can get motivated!!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner