Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green Lace Ornament

Posted by keepeminstitches (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 23, 05 at 17:05

Here's another embroidered ornament cover.

Image link: Green Lace Ornament (42 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green Lace Ornament

That's embroidery? It's beautiful.

Suzi

o

Yes, Suzi, they are embroidered, and what fabulous designs they are! These are done on a water soluible stabilizer called Aqua-Mesh by OESD. The designs (there are 10 in the set) are from Embroidery Library (Emblibrary.com, I think). $19.99 for a set of 10 medium sized designs for 3" glass balls. They also sell the same set for large (4") balls, and a set of 8 designs for smaller balls (2 or 2 1/2"). Each set is $19.99. These were stitched out on a Bernina Artista 165. You stitch out two designs and then hand-stitch them together to make a circle, then weave a ribbon at the top. Some of the designs cover the whole ball, so they require a ribbon at the bottom too.

The Aqua-Mesh washes out beautifully and leaves just enough "starch" to help mold the damp embroidery to the Christmas ball. Also it's important to use the same embroidery thread in the bobbin as is used in the upper threading. They are fun to make, but slow on the 165. My Bernina Artista 200 has an owey and is in the shop...it's a lot speedier!

o

That is really pretty! How long does it take to make 1 ornament? What other colors did you use? I've never seen anything like that. Very pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here